Browser Security Software - Protect Sensitive Enterprise Data
Browser Security Plus
Browser Security Plus software is a tool that helps protect sensitive enterprise data from security breaches associated with cyberattacks. Browser Security Plus is an enterprise browser security tool that helps IT administrators manage and secure browsers across networks. It enables them to gain visibility on browser usage trends, harden browsers settings, control browser extensions and plug-ins, lock down enterprise browsers, and ensure compliance with stipulated browser security standards. All this helps admins protect their networks from cyberattacks, such as phishing attacks, watering hole attacks, ransomware, viruses, and trojans.
Workers today want to get business done anytime and anywhere, as a result of which mobility and cloud computing has become an integral part of all organizations.
This in turn makes browsers the tool to access work, along with mobile devices. With a number of browsers in the market, and these browsers using a number of add-ons,
it becomes almost impossible to ensure security from browser based threats and attacks like ransomware.
Browser Security Software Solution:
Browser Security Plus provides a single point of console for managing different browsers and at the same time ensuring security. With Browser Security Plus:
- Put a stop to sites that contain threats like malware and prevent attacks from compromising the system.
- Make sure enterprise data remains secure.
- Detect and keep track of browser add-ons installed on computers.
- Detect Vulnerabilities and get total visibility into browser usage trends and add-ons present across your network.
- Choose which websites open in Internet Explorer and which open in Chrome in end users's systems.
- Configure policies to assign the corresponding Java versions to enterprise sites that require them.
- Create compliance reports from our pre-defined Compliance Engine that offers over 20+ pre-existing configurations.
- Allows you to ensure compliance.
- Restrict access to sites that contain threats like malware and attacks, from the system.
- Block executable content from web e-mail.
- Ensure that only trusted domains make use of add-ons whose source is not reliable.
- Isolate unauthorized websites from enterprise data.
Data Leakage Prevention:
- Protect enterprise data from accidental or intentional exposure.
- Ensure the security of passwords and personal details entered online.
- Blacklist add-ons that are not trusted for your enterprise sites.
- Detect and keep track of add-ons that aren't up to date, on the browser.
- In case of a plugin with zero-day vulnerability, impose its trusted version for usage.
- Silently install extensions from the Chrome webstore without user intervention.
- Block extensions that seek permissions that involve threats.
- Assign browsers to websites based on it's add-on requirements.
Manage IE 11 compatibility and enterprise modes for enterprise
Java Rules Manager:
- Detect legacy enterprise websites that make use of Java plugins.
Configure policies to assign Java versions to enterprise sites that
have specific requirements.
- Detect out of date Java plugins present in your network.
Get a Quote or Download Free Trial
- Determine compliance status of computers in network.
Generate customized compliance reports from a pre-defined set of
Obtain complete visibility into browser usage in your network.
With multiple browsers in the market and each of these browsers using their own set of add-ons, IT admins find it hard to predict where attacks might spring out from. They have no idea what browsers are being used, if the browsers are up to date, which add-ons are being used, and if they are safe and up-to-date.
Awareness is the first step towards empowerment. Browser Security Plus helps you:
- Keep track of the browsers being used.
- Remain vigilant about browsers that aren't up-to-date.
- Watch out for computers that haven't been in contact for a period of time.
- Stay aware of add-ons that are popularly used.
- Keep track of potentially harmful add-ons in use.
- Track and monitor websites being visited.
- Find out the computers containing specific add-ons.
- Monitor the security scores of browsers.
Keeping track of the above factors helps IT admins be aware of the possible loopholes for attacks. This would in turn help IT admins to manage and secure all browsers thereby preventing possible attacks.
Browser Management for Enterprises
Browser Management refers to a set of activities performed by the IT admin on browsers to improve security and in turn enhance productivity of users. This includes deploying settings to computers to harden the browsers, restricting access to unnecessary websites, removing unused plugins, disabling harmful extensions, routing website traffic to a trusted browsers, etc. These activities increase users efficiency by ensuring security. Browser Security Plus is an easy-to-use enterprise browser management software that helps manage multiple browsers from a single pane of glass.
Manage browser add-ons.
Each internet browser has a unique add-on ecosystem. Internet Explorer uses plug-ins, Browser Helper Objects (BHOs), and accelerators; Google Chrome has extensions, themes, and apps; and Firefox is all about extensions. These unique add-on ecosystems have been evolving for some time, up until the point where it's now almost impossible for IT administrators to keep track of the various add-ons deployed on each user's computer.
Ensuring compliance based on security scores.
The internet plays host to not only data, but also a flurry of malware. This is why browser providers offer a number of security settings to prevent security breaches. But how do you ensure users are employing the recommended browser security standards? Sometimes users can change the recommended browser settings without even realizing it, which can make it challenging and time consuming to ensure each computer in your network is following the recommended standards. But with the right tool, ensuring compliance is easy.
Internet explorer is prone to a plethora of threats owing to the usage of vulnerable plugins. But Internet Explorer becomes a requirement in organizations to render legacy business applications. Most employees, however, use the Internet Explorer to visit non-business sites, which could potentially cause two issues:
Today's cybercriminals manipulate human psychology to acquire sensitive enterprise data; they know what makes users want to click on a particular link. An employee following one of these nefarious links often means that malware will infect their system. Many malware variants either hold data captive for ransom or corrupt entire systems, both of which lead to extreme financial losses.
Loss of productivity.
The internet is a vast place, with both helpful tools and distracting clickbait. Emoloyees can easily lose track of time while surfing through personal emails, social media, or any random page they find interesting. Often, by the time these distracted individuals return to work, it's too late, and they'll settle on either offering lower quality work to finish things up, or not finishing at all.
Why is web Filtering important?
Most organizations have moved to cloud based-applications, making browsers a tool that employees use on a daily basis to access work. Browsers have become a conduit to not only the cloud, but also to immeasurable malware and distractions hosted on the web. In order to ensure that browsers do not bring in malicious traffic, web filter becomes necessary.
Web Filtering Software for Enterprises
The internet today is filled with malware and other attack vectors laying low, waiting to take advantage of users' slip ups and distractions. While browsing the web, users sometimes accidentally land on a site that has malware hosted on it, leading to compromise of sensitive enterprise data. To mitigate this threat, Browser Security Plus provides corporate web filtering software.
Blacklist URLs with Web Filter.
IT admins can blacklist URLs that are not needed in the organization, making these sites inaccessible to users. This prevents users from visiting sites that aren't permitted in the organization. IT admins can define groups for sites using categories like social media, video streaming, productivity, business, etc. Groups like social media and video streaming can be blacklisted to ensure that user productivity doesn't drop.
Get a Quote or Download Free Trial
Browser Security Plus Documentation
Here you can find Browers Security Plus product documentation, brochures and guides. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us and one of our specialists will address your inquiry as soon as possible.
Get a Quote or Download Free Trial
This section gives you information about the hardware requirements for Browser Security Plus servers and agents.
Hardware Requirements for Browser Security Plus Servers
The hardware requirements for Browser Security Plus servers include the following:
|No. of Computers
||Hard Disk Space
|1 to 250
||Intel Core i3 (2 core/4 thread) 2.0 Ghz 3
|251 to 500
||Intel Core i3 (2 core/4 thread) 2.4 Ghz 3
|501 to 1000
||Intel Core i3 (2 core/4 thread) 2.9 Ghz 3
|1001 to 3000
||Intel Core i5 (4 core/4 thread) 2.3 GHz. 6
|3001 to 5000
||Intel Core i7 (6 core/12 thread) 3.2 GHz.
12 MB cache
* May increase dynamically according to the frequency of scanning.
Note: While managing more than 1000 computers, it is advised that you install Browser Security Plus on a Windows Server Edition.
Hardware Requirements for Browser Security Plus Agents
The hardware requirements for Browser Security Plus agents include the following:
|Hard Disk Space
* May increase dynamically depending on the operations performed on the client computer
This section gives you information about the software requirements for Browser Security Plus servers and agents.
Supported OS for Browser Security Plus Server
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Supported OS for Browser Security Plus Agents
||Windows Server OS
||Windows server 2016
||Windows server 2012 R2
||Windows server 2012
||Windows server 2008 R2
||Windows server 2008
||Windows server 2003 R2
||Windows server 2003
You are required to install any of the following browsers on your computer to access the Browser Security Plus console:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and later versions
- Mozilla Firefox 44 and later versions
- Google Chrome 47 and later versions
Note: The screen resolution should be 1280 x 1024 pixels or higher.
Browser Security Plus supports the following databases:
Supported Web Servers
Browser Security Plus uses the following web servers:
Get a Quote or Download Free Trial
- Apache (for static file services)
- Tomcat (for application related services)