Starting Browser Security Plus
Follow the below steps to start Browser Security Plus on your browsers:
- Open your web browser.
- For for http secure communication type, https://HostName:9393 Or type http://HostName:9030 for http communication and press enter.
Note: By default, Browser Security Plus runs on http port 9030 and https port 9393.
In the login page enter a valid user name and password. By default
the username and password are both admin and admin.
- Click Login.
Browser Security Plus web console is launched in the browser.
To start working with Browser Security Plus, it is required to install agents in the computers that are to be managed. If you are using ManageEngine's Desktop central. If not, you can install agents in two ways:
- Installing agent manually
- Instaling agent through Active Directory
Installing agent manually:
- Start Browser Security Plus console in the computer to be managed
- Click on Agent tab
- Click on the "Download Agent" button
- Extract files from the zipped folder
- Run setup.bat in admin mode
Installing agent through Active Directory:
- Click Agent tab
- Click Active Directory
- Use the Add Domain button and specify the credentials to add the domain/workgroup
- Click on Agent > Scope of Management
- Click Add Computer
- Click Select Computers
- Select the computers that you want to manage using Browser Security Plus
- Click Add & Install
Once the agent is installed, the computer gets listed under Computers in Groups & Computers page.